Honda S2000 | S2000 Forums | S2000 Pictures

Go Back   S2000 Forums > Technical > All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

Welcome to the S2000 Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Hybrid Hater

Removing soft top, Installing hardtop

Yep another new thread by me. But hey at least im not asking how to do it. Im actually doing it! I should have taken pics of the process (for my own good too...) but I was excited and impulsive lol.

So here is what the car should look like when your ready to pull the soft top

Click the image to open in full size.

Ugh look how dirty its getting!

Lol there is the "secret" compartment

Im cleaning every piece of the car as it goes back in. Im installing the hardtop as I go too. Im going to steam clean and shampoo the carpet before the seats go back in. Ill keep taking pictures as it goes back together. Hopefully it all turns out
0tyrael0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
EYECELLEM

Are you leaving out the softtop? Turning it into a CR....?
Old 05-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Hybrid Hater

Yeah im leaving it out for now. Im going to clean it up really nice and store it.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0tyrael0 View Post
Yeah im leaving it out for now. Im going to clean it up really nice and store it.
SAWEET! That's what I did too. Mine is stored in case I want to put it back in....but boy do I love the car without!
Silverstone_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
Party Rock Crew

OH NO! You are going to the dark side!!! You cant get light if you cant drop yo top!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #6

the secret compartment looks so . . . . naked =p
LTWU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
Hybrid Hater

I know it looks sad lol. I already got some of it put back together. Only thing I didnt think about is being able to put the top back in the "up" position. I took it out in a partially up position and now it wont budge because the motors are not connected to any power. Im guessing I will have to take it off the motors and brackets to fix that problem. I was hoping I wouldnt have to but o well.

Anyway I got some of it back together but im missing a little nut that holds one of the rear brackets in place I was even careful and put all the bolts in labeled bags lol. O well worst thing that could happen is I have to order a new one. It will be a few days anyway cause I work until Saturday.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
THE STIG

Looks like you've been working hard! Good luck!

MY2000 #2249 MODS: APR carbon fiber spark plug cover, Megan Racing test pipe, Megan Racing drift spec catback exhaust, K&N drop-in filter, Tanabe NF210 springs, Rick's smoked side markers, OEM front lip, OEM rear lip spoiler, AP1 OEM wheels painted black w/chrome lip, Carbon fiber cooling plate
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #9
Hybrid Hater

Thanks im gonna need it! I read the instrucitons for the hard top about a hundred times at work last night (hospital was quiet so I do what I can to stay awake lol). I was still a bit nervous about the process but now im confident its going to be just fine. I can actually take a few shortcuts by taking out the soft top.

Forgot to mention I am also going to install ricks leather console cover. Should look nice.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #10

cool send more pics
Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to RL1924
Hardtop install is going to be much easier for you then the soft top removal you will do it just fine.
RL1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
Bug Zapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0tyrael0 View Post
I know it looks sad lol. I already got some of it put back together. Only thing I didnt think about is being able to put the top back in the "up" position. I took it out in a partially up position and now it wont budge because the motors are not connected to any power. Im guessing I will have to take it off the motors and brackets to fix that problem. I was hoping I wouldnt have to but o well.
Weird, I would figre it should move freely when disconnected from the car. The owners manual states that manual acuation of the top is possible by disconnecting a wire under the dash.
Marioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
Weird, I would figre it should move freely when disconnected from the car. The owners manual states that manual acuation of the top is possible by disconnecting a wire under the dash.

Ya, if you want to pull really HARD! Mine doesn't move easily either. I had mine disconnected and needed it up for some reason during the interior removal. After pulling and tugging, I decided to just plug the motors back in and do it under power.
Silverstone_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
Hybrid Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
Yeah I thought the same thing. Im sure if another person helped me I could do it. But once its out of the car its super hard to move.

Ill post more pics when I make some progress. Wont be able to mess with it until Monday.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
Hybrid Hater

Alright so here is an update on my little (not so little) DIY project lol.
Started the process of cleaning it up. Got the carpet all shampooed after walking in and out of the car in my dirty garage (gonna clean that next lol)

As you can see I still have some parts to put back in. Problem is I dont think the 12v outlet in the glove box can be removed once its in without hurting it. So I had to order a new one for my new glove box. I cant put anything else in until after the glove box is in.

A shot of the other side. Nice and clean Still gonna do a bit more vacuuming when its completely done though.

And at last the hardtop is on! It looks strait to me what do you guys think?!

Ill post some more updates when it totally done. Plus a good picture of the car

Last edited by 0tyrael0; 05-17-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #16
THE STIG

Looking good so far man!!

MY2000 #2249 MODS: APR carbon fiber spark plug cover, Megan Racing test pipe, Megan Racing drift spec catback exhaust, K&N drop-in filter, Tanabe NF210 springs, Rick's smoked side markers, OEM front lip, OEM rear lip spoiler, AP1 OEM wheels painted black w/chrome lip, Carbon fiber cooling plate
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #17
Hybrid Hater

Thanks! It was a confidence booster in my mechanical ability that I pulled it off lol.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #18

Great thread, I'll be reverse engineering based on your pictures to REINSTALL the soft top which I'll keep under the current hard top. In Florida, gotta be able to go topless and in South Florida, def not always driving to a place where safe to leave down. Plus, Rain!
rockstar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
Friend of J. Fred Muggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar143 View Post
Great thread, I'll be reverse engineering based on your pictures to REINSTALL the soft top which I'll keep under the current hard top. In Florida, gotta be able to go topless and in South Florida, def not always driving to a place where safe to leave down. Plus, Rain!
You don't have to remove the soft top to install a hardtop. You don't need to do anything other than to put the top down. The hardtop doesn not require soft top removal. (Notice the repetition )

Rock The Dragon - Tail of the Dragon, Fontana Village, NC - 04/09 - 04/12, 2015
-----------------------------------------------------
Gettysburg Get Together meets Fall Colors - Gettysburg Sept 25-27, 2015

2008 ABP CR #400 of 699
2014 Anthem Silver Si Coupe
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #20

Wow our cars look so much more spacious without seats and all...
S-nisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 PM
S2000
Honda S2000

Paid Advertisement

Tags
convirtabke, cover, hard, hardtop, honda, install, rag, remove, removing, replacing, s2000, s2k, soft, switching, top