Honda S2000 | S2000 Forums | S2000 Pictures

Go Back   S2000 Forums > Technical > Forced Induction / Nitrous
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the S2000 Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
B.A.M.F.

Nitrous!

Thinking about getting nitrous! Any suggestions? What shot can my car handle with stock internals? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
poor coasty

Location: panama city flordia tell the coast guard sends me some were new.
well i got a nxespress system for sell i had on my car. 10 lb bottle new lines and all jets to go from 35hp to 200hp. its a wet system did really well just i want to go turbo much more usefull on the auto cross track. if your interested pm me it give you a price. oh and i ran a 50 shot. need a new clutch but it was the oem clutch with 65,000 miles on it so oh well.

playingmilitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverS2K422 View Post
Thinking about getting nitrous! Any suggestions? What shot can my car handle with stock internals? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Stock ECU on stock timing don't run too big of a shot. Im running a .038 jet and my plugs look fine. I've been thinking of running a .040 or a .041 jet. Im gonna hook up my friends wideband before I do that. A few people have been running the .041 jets with no problems, but they also haven't been heating up their bottles for more pressure.

Stock internals are good for alot more than you probably want to go. Theres a guy who went to a turbo setup who was running a 125 direct port shot with an AEM EMS for a while. He dyno'd 335whp.

GET RID OF THE OEM DOUBLE PLATINUM PLUGS FOR NITROUS. Nitrous and platinum plugs don't mix well because platinums heat up too much since they're self cleaning. It'll be more prone to detonation. I'd suggest going with NGK 7173 plugs. They're cheap copper plugs that work great. Gap them at about .035ish. Swap out the plugs after about every 20lbs of nitrous or about 3-4k miles if you're spraying.

If you're going wet, get a window switch for sure. Set it up so you don't spray before 4,000rpms and you don't spray over 8,900rpms.

I won't rant about my feelings about wet vs dry. Too many uninformed people and too many arguments from it.

If you have anymore questions, post them up and I can help you.

Last edited by D1sclaimer; 03-02-2009 at 12:55 PM.
D1sclaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
B.A.M.F.

D1sclaimer O O tell me more! I don't really know about injectors and what the .038 and .040 stuff. you tell me what you think is better, wet or dry? i just want some cheap power. i cant afford a turbo. how much stress will this put on my car i have 76K miles on it
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverS2K422 View Post
D1sclaimer O O tell me more! I don't really know about injectors and what the .038 and .040 stuff. you tell me what you think is better, wet or dry? i just want some cheap power. i cant afford a turbo. how much stress will this put on my car i have 76K miles on it
Im still on my stock fuel pump. If I go higher than a 75 shot, I will upgrade it.

.038 and .040 are jet sizes. The bigger the number, the more nitrous will flow for more horsepower. I call my .038 a 70 flywheel shot. Its probably 55-60whp. A .041 jet would be a 75whp shot.

I prefer dry. Let the fuel system take care of the fuel. You won't be pushing the stock system by any means with what I am running. Honda intakes pool up easier than most I've seen. I've seen a couple of B16s on 100 wet shots pool into the intake and have a backfire while testing on the dyno at 7k rpms. Wet kits usually have a small lean spike. Unless you're running a higher shot, the spike will be safe though.

If you go dry, you will need a kit that boosts fuel pressure when you spray so the car knows to add more fuel. This is the concept that most people who are weary about dry kits don't get. Only a couple of companies make kits that do this. Either the NOS 05120 kit or the Edelbrock 71000 kit are my recommendations. Zex makes a dry kit that does this and is easier to install, but I don't recommend it.
http://holley.com/05120NOS.asp-I got mine for 500. Don't know how its advertised as 739.?
http://www.edelbrock.com/sportcompac...univ_dry.shtml

To be perfectly honest, if you're just gonna run up to a 75 shot, wet or dry will work fine. Just with wet, you need the 80 dollar window switch moreso IMO. Many places will try to charge you more for a vehicle specific wet kit. In reality, for all 4 and 6 cylinder kits, its the same thing with different jets. So if you're going wet, a universal 4 cylinder kit will work fine.

I would suggest either a NOS sniper wet kit(same as the regular, just cheapened down a little bit. Its just as safe.)
http://holley.com/07005NOS.asp-NOS must jack up prices on their website cause it should be cheaper than whats advertised
Or a Dynotune wet kit
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=100

Here's some links for more info:

Info on the NOS dry kit which I have. The guy running it hasn't updated it in a while and isn't finished.
http://drynitrous.com/index.html

LS1 Tech's nitrous forum (They have returnless fuel systems so their info on dry nitrous will be different)
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/

Mustang nitrous forum.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=313

General nitrous forum I'm a member on.
http://www.nitrousforum.com
Old 03-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
B.A.M.F.

Thanks for the info, i understand it better now
Old 03-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #7

thats some really good info! This should be a sticky for sure.

Def. read up on everything before you get started. Nitrous is only dangerous when it is in the hands of the unlearned.

a well set up system can maintain reliablility while having nice push button power.
nismored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 AM   #8
St00pid Ricer

Send a message via AIM to hammerhead300
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismored View Post
thats some really good info! This should be a sticky for sure.

Def. read up on everything before you get started. Nitrous is only dangerous when it is in the hands of the unlearned.

a well set up system can maintain reliablility while having nice push button power.
The way I see it, any form of forced induction can be harmful if it's not set up right and your engine isn't stout enough to handle it. As long as you know what you're doing, I don't see why nitrous would be any more dangerous than any other form of forced induction.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #9

up to 80 shot with stock mapping. Make it a little richer the higher the shot you run. after you get some afr's or dyno time you can lean it a little. I like direct port better than the single nozzle.
zeenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
Computer Blue

Differences between wet n dry

I dont really know anything about nitrous, except that you push a button and you go faster. So what are the differences between a wet system and a dry system?

Lay it out, what are the pros and cons for each system. Not looking for argument or anything, just the facts. If you want to give an opinion on which is better, im fine with it, just state why and give some facts to back it up.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarbuzz View Post
hrm, i've been thinking about doing this for a while. how's the gas mileage compared to the s2000? i never drive in vtec, so that's not an issue. i like how cute the miata is too, the s2000 is just a little manly for me.
S2KCRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
S2000.com Sponsor

dry: nitrous nozzles only - additional fuel is delivered via the stock fuel system, usually by upping fuel pressure at the fuel pressure regulator

wet: nitrous and fuel nozzles - additional fuel is delivered via nozzles connected to solenoids that usually feed off of the stock fuel rail.

turbosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Computer Blue

so what are the benifits? Is one less labor intensive for installation? Is one "safer" to use, with respect to damaging the engine? Or are the end results going to be the same?

What would you use turbosix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarbuzz View Post
hrm, i've been thinking about doing this for a while. how's the gas mileage compared to the s2000? i never drive in vtec, so that's not an issue. i like how cute the miata is too, the s2000 is just a little manly for me.
S2KCRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
S2000.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2KCRick View Post
so what are the benifits? Is one less labor intensive for installation? Is one "safer" to use, with respect to damaging the engine? Or are the end results going to be the same?

What would you use turbosix?
you dont need a wet kit at safe hp levels on s2000s... dry kit hooked up to the fuel pressure regulator is sufficient.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to TegoS2k Send a message via MSN to TegoS2k
wet nos system

im running on 75 shot and 100 shot of nos ....perfect mix for

75 shot running a lil rich its .43 for nos and .28 for gas

90-100 around there im running rich again 47-49 for nos and a .30 for gas..

i rahter run rich the running exact number...u never know u migjht go dry on gas a bit and pop the motor while running rich its safer at least for me ....worked out.... i did on the 1/8 first time first pull 9.5 ....2.5 60ft and .500 reaction on 45 psi on the tires no nos
Old 09-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #15

2nd pull 9.1 ....2.1 60 ft ....reaction was .204................on 25 psi on the tires no nos still this was last week......

then for the final pass on The 75 shot i ran...................0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

lol broke a b i a tch AXLE drive side snap of the line damnit i have 80k on my S running on stage 4 act and act prolite flywheel
Old 09-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
S2000.com Sponsor

what were your trap speeds?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #17

well i didnt get to do nitrous which i will be doing this week...they were 80 miles on both of the passes...altho second pass i missed 2nd gear due to wheel hop damnit i will post pink slip tommorrwo
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #18

Thumbs up

here a vid very dark...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL5fUyClUFs against a 12s turbo hatch...inner side...sprayed of the line...and shifted at 7k every time
Old 09-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #19
Resident Vigilante

"Political Correctness is a pathetically ignorant doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous agenda filled revisionist mainstream media, which holds forth fallacy as fact that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of **** by the clean end."

s2kx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to chazdawg35
Hey Tego NICE RUN! So you hae 80k on the car, is the engine stock? I would be more worried that I would blow he engine before the axle.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 AM   #21
Site Owner

Not to sound like an ***, but running 9's in the 1/8th on either a 75 or 100 shot is garbage. Thats equivalent to a 14 second run if you're bench racing.

You're getting knock retard. WHY DOES NO ONE BELIEVE ME? FUDGE!!!!

I run consistend 8.5's in the 1/8th on all season tires with a .038 nitrous jet.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Honda-S2000...lip-18129.html

OMG I WONDER WHY I RUN FASTER? IT CAN'T BE BECAUSE YOU GET KNOCK RETARD, CAN IT?

Also learn to launch without wheel hop. You won't bust axles.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #22
Site Owner

Again. Sorry, but its very very very very frustrating when people brag to me about running a 100 shot or something bigger than what I recommend which is what I've tested at the track to be accurate. A .038 nitrous jet.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Last edited by D1sclaimer; 09-10-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1sclaimer View Post
Again. Sorry, but its very very very very frustrating when people brag to me about running a 100 shot or something bigger than what I recommend which is what I've tested at the track to be accurate. A .038 nitrous jet.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

disclaimer........if u learn how to read it says that on the first two passes no nos was used....meaning i didnt spray.....im supposed to hit 8.9 no nos....due to wheel hope and a 2nd missed gear i didnt hit 8s.....
Old 09-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdawg35 View Post
Hey Tego NICE RUN! So you hae 80k on the car, is the engine stock? I would be more worried that I would blow he engine before the axle.

thanks chaz....yea my engine its stock all ive its intake test pipe and vtec controller...ill be sending my block to cali soon....im getting it sleeved and im buying CP low comp pistons and marley rods or some zhit i believe thats the name

for the record i know how to lunch....not my fault its a brand new track so its very sticky and my tires were on 15psi and i didnt drop the clutch like u think...thanks
Old 01-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #25

I have a 2000 Honda S2000 and I am looking to put Nitrous in my car. every thing is stock except i have a air intake and a ACT stage 2 clutch. I was wondering if I should put wet or dry and what the adv and disavd are to them. i am thinking of putting 75 shot. Is that to much. I am just looking for some input on what i should do. i am looking at a kit on Nitrous express.
thanks
BlkhondaS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to chazdawg35
I still want to hook it up but I'm afraid of damage to the motor(85k), ZEX sounds like the way to go! If done right.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #27

IF I ADD NITROUS TO MY CAR, WILL IT AFFECT THE CAR WHEN THE NOSIS NOT IN USE BUT I AM DRIVING? LIKE IS IT OK TO JUST DRIVE WITH NO NITROUS SPRAYING AND IT WONT DAMAGE ANYTHING? THANKS
HuberS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #28
S2000.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuberS2K View Post
IF I ADD NITROUS TO MY CAR, WILL IT AFFECT THE CAR WHEN THE NOSIS NOT IN USE BUT I AM DRIVING? LIKE IS IT OK TO JUST DRIVE WITH NO NITROUS SPRAYING AND IT WONT DAMAGE ANYTHING? THANKS
yes, it will be fine. if you are not using the nitrous the bottle valve will be closed and the car will drive 100% stock. to activate the system you would need to open the trunk and open the bottle valve, then activate the arming switch. once its armed you have a throttle switch so once you go WOT the nitrous is activated.

its not like in the movies where you press a button on the steering wheel (though it could be set up that way with some extra wiring..)

Old 03-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #29

Ok i had the impression it was like the movies where the nitrous was ready. I want it to be deactivated when im driving.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
S2000.com Sponsor

there are kits with remote bottle openers but honestly when are you going to need that?

Old 03-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #31

I go to the track with my other cars and i want to start going for 1/4 miles and cross with my s2k
Old 03-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #32
S2000.com Sponsor

perfect, you can open the bottle when you get to the track. one less thing to wire up and more importantly one less thing to break.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #33

right that sounds great thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #34
S2000.com Sponsor

btw, stick with NOS or nitrous express systems. those zex kits are garbage.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #35

of course ive only really heard about NX and NOS.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
S2000
Honda S2000

Paid Advertisement

Tags
07005nos, 5, direct, dry, information, kit, nitrous, nos, port, running, s2000, setup, technical, turbos, wet, whos