Honda S2000 | S2000 Forums | S2000 Pictures

Go Back   S2000 Forums > Honda S2000 Forums > Off-Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off-Topic Forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums.

Welcome to the S2000 Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
General Nuisance

Car vs. motorcycle.

Nice shootout with definitive, objective and measurable results. (WS too.)
Be sure to watch in HD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPNs3v4m7TA
Old 02-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

Izz'ere any wonder why red flaggz're raised anytime somebody dinkz dey "raced" a bike?
'Nice fine Doug. Danks.

Rome is the mob. Conjure magic and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death and they will love him for it.
Java Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
General Nuisance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Junky View Post
Izz'ere any wonder why red flaggz're raised anytime somebody dinkz dey "raced" a bike?
IMHO, the video ends any and ALL debate on which is faster. The numbers don't lie.

Last edited by Doug3; 02-27-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Doug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to s2000isu
There are plenty of cars out the on the street that can beat 1000's but they are def not stockers. A 700 hp s2000 should run with a bike on the highway. Ive raced 3 bikes in my life. A old 750 that the guy claims wasnt running right a harley sportster and a newer 750. The newer 750 smoked me the other two I beat. The harley guy was a dick about it the other guy was very cool. The new 750 gave me a thumbups even though he killed me.

2001 Vortech SC
12.8 at 111 miles per hour

s2000isu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

So did the S2000 take it's styling from Ferrari, or has our car influenced the styling of Ferrari? The front end of the Ferrari Italia looks very S2000ish. Is it that the S2000 looks like late '90s Ferrari's?

Also what about the Start Button, did Ferrari have that first, or did the S2000?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

Roll'em bot' off'a'da showroom floor'n widdout any add-onz, stock bikez'll embarrass the hottest stock cars everytime.
Can'yuh tickle'a car 'til'itt'll give'da bike some competition? 'Course'yuh can.
Budd, oud'a'da box . . dere'z no contes' guyz.
Accept'itt'n move on.
Itt'z jus'da way'a dingz.
Water'z wet, da sky'z blue, wimmen gott secretz'n bike'z'll kick car a$$ 'til'a cowz come home.

Rome is the mob. Conjure magic and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death and they will love him for it.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

http://www.2sportscars.com/shelby-su...test-car.shtml

This production car will beat quite a few bikes on the street and has a higher top speed than I believe all of them. So ha bikes suck I win.

2001 Vortech SC

Old 02-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

Oh.
Yeah.
I forgot about the Shelby's 'att're runnin' all ova'da place. Hell! 'Godda dealer almos' on every corner!
Yer right isu. 'Damned'iff'y'ain't.
'Spect mos' sportbikez, nodd'all'a'course, but mos'd kick'itt'z uppa-atmospheric a$$ in'a quarda anyway, fancy credentialz'n huge amountz'a unobtainium'r not.
Bikez kick car a$$. Denial is futile, you Tonka Truck trashin' maniac.

Last edited by Java Junky; 02-26-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: 'Almos' spelt somethin' rong.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Honestly cant trust a guy that likes miatas.

2001 Vortech SC

Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

Howz'bout dishonestly?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Roll'em bot' off'a'da showroom floor'n widdout any add-onz, stock bikez'll embarrass the hottest stock cars everytime.
Can'yuh tickle'a car 'til'itt'll give'da bike some competition? 'Course'yuh can.
Budd, oud'a'da box . . dere'z no contes' guyz.
Accept'itt'n move on.
Itt'z jus'da way'a dingz.
Water'z wet, da sky'z blue, wimmen gott secretz'n bike'z'll kick car a$$ 'til'a cowz come home.

+1

Seriously, this is bordering on "I saw a modded YUGO beat an S2K on the Internets, so a YUGO is a better sportscar than an S2K" logic.

Nothing's keeping any of you from experiencing the current crop of manic superbikes other than fear (which is a good thing), skill, and opportunity. Get a real bike, get experience (actual data-points), and when your hands' stop shaking long enough so you can type, we'll discuss.
specialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

I never knew that tis thread was dedicated to stock and only stock cars and bikes. I must have missed that part.

2001 Vortech SC

Old 02-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Got S2000?

Miss the ole' V-twin. Best sounding thing I've ever owned.
Click the image to open in full size.

But in all fairness, the inline-4 literbikes from Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, and BMW are the fastest street bikes on the planet. The 1198S in the video is a great bike, but it's probably at the lower end of the performance spectrum compared to the other (much cheaper) bikes.

And let's get real, there's very, very few "production" cars that come close to matching a bike's potential. No reason to think otherwise.
Jim21680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Haha Jim I dont think there are many people out there that actually think that a liter bike is going to be slower than a car. I posted the shelby to be a smart *** and I know bikes like the zx-14 are faster but other bikes like a gsx-r1000's are slower than that shelby. But this is stock for stock. My point is more along the lines of when you hear these bike guys say a street car cant beat a bike. Thats all fine and dandy but I am a performance guy and when you modify a car they can beat bikes. I never much cared about what things do stock because I never really cared to leave my stuff stock.

2001 Vortech SC

Old 02-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

And when you modify a bike . . . we're right back'ta'da bike showin'a car'da way home ('r puttin'itt on'da trailer iff'da owna'z too embarrassed'da folla'da bike home).
"Missed'datt part" isu?
Nah.
Yuh din't miss'itt.
In usual isu-fashion, yuh disregarded'itt jus'da stir'da pott.

Why'n'cha go'n break somethin'.
Yuh'll feel bedda.

P.S.: Hey, isu . . bikez rule; carz drool!

Old 02-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

I wonder what the fastest street bike is compared to the fastest street car time to google.

2001 Vortech SC

Old 02-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

No'yuh don't.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #18 (permalink)

Youre right I already know its a car. But I am just joshing you I know a bike is more fun and feels faster no matter what even if its a 600 and your average bike is faster than your average car. Just making a point that you cant call bs on all the bike races.

2001 Vortech SC

Old 02-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
General Nuisance

I'm gonna be blunt.
Only a retard would dispute the conclusion clearly reached in the video. A very fast production motorcycle annihilated what may be the fastest car in production. Any reasonable person cannot conclude otherwise. The evidence is clear and unambiguous!

Last edited by Java Junky; 02-27-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Doug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

Did Doug say "a reasonable person"?????
No. Tell me he din't.
Inn'iss @*#&in' crowd????
Bwa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa . . . oh . . . . oh . . . . @*#&'att hurtz!

Old 02-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug3 View Post
I'm gonna be blunt.
Only a retard would dispute the conclusion clearly reached in the video. A very fast production motorcycle annihilated what may be the fastest car in production. Any reasonable person cannot conclude otherwise. The evidence is clear and unambiguous!
Lol not even close to the fastest production car. But I dont think anyone ever disagreed that that bike killed that car in the race.

2001 Vortech SC

Old 02-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

Isu . . . izz'add'a bike comin' up hard in'yer rear-view?
'Ey're comin'a ge'cha isu.
Whe'ver'yuh are. Dey're comin'.
'N'ey'll ge'cha. 'Ain'nuffin'yuh can do.
Dey're jus' fasser'n you in'yer slo-o-o-o-o-o-ow ca-a-a-a-ar.
'Alwayz have been.
Not bein' able'da'doo nuffin'aboudd'itt . . . 's'godda ****'yuh off.
'Don'datt ****'yuh off?

(Bikez rule'n carz drool, bikez rule'n carz drool, bikez rule'n carz drool, bikez rule'n carz drool, bikez rule'n carz drool, bikez rule'n carz drool, bikez rule'n carz drool, bikez rule'n carz drool, bikez rule'n carz drool.)

Old 02-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

They may be faster than me but I personally know a few people that would make them look silly. Ive never been one to care if someone is faster because theres always soemone faster. Kinda like how the fastest street cars are faster than the fastest bikes.

As far as what am I gonna do I dunno drive them towards some wet road or into a hail storm I dunno I will think fo something.

2001 Vortech SC

Old 02-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

'S'okay isu.
I hate bein' wrong too.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
General Nuisance

Quote:
'S'okay isu.
I hate bein' wrong too.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jh4db536
the bike is only as good as the rider end of story; a 600cc is more than a handful for the average rider on the track. i have a 250 for my friends to play with, two 600 zx6r, and a honda 1000r. my bikes are my weekend toys and the s2k is my daily driver.

that ducati only got 10seconds in the 1/4 mi. (ducati are torq and mid end monsters...they do make 170 which is more than i could handle, but the japanese 1000cc inline4's are making some insane top end that no vtwin is going to compare to) i think a 08+ cbr1000rr is in the 9's with a pro rider and quick shifter (also due to stock optimized gearing for 1/4 mi).

i think my ninja250 with 36hp could beat a stock s2k 0-60 or at least be very close...im pretty sure it gets to about 60 in 1st gear lol. that thing is pretty fast in the 1st 2 gears...it only goes up to 100mph though.

Last edited by jh4db536; 02-27-2011 at 03:57 PM.
jh4db536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

Exactly whut story'd datt be'da end'a?

Old 02-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
Hybrid Hater

I dont think this is a good comparison. They are nothing alike. Except the country they are from and they are both fast.
0tyrael0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 AM   #29 (permalink)
normal aspiration

i don't ride no motorsickles.

i don't race no motorsickles.

i be glad to watch y'all ride and race your motorsickles--but only for a brief short time. i got paint i need to watch dry.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Did Doug say "a reasonable person"?????
No. Tell me he din't.
Inn'iss @*#&in' crowd????
Bwa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa . . . oh . . . . oh . . . . @*#&'att hurtz!

kinda looks like a massive lego.
I curious how that thang takes corners
GUNVOLVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Resident Curmudgeon

'Same'z any car-tire-shod bike Gun: like Searz Bes', Heavy-Duty Doody.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 AM
S2000
Honda S2000

Paid Advertisement

Tags
beat, bike, bmw, car, cars, date, honda, miata, motorbike, motorcycle, s2000, street, toy, v2, v3, vortech