Honda S2000 | S2000 Forums | S2000 Pictures

Go Back   S2000 Forums > Technical > Wheels / Tires / Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Wheels / Tires / Suspension Sponsored by Tire Rack
Click Here

Welcome to the S2000 Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
LIVFAST

Send a message via Yahoo to fdesalvo
255/40ZR -17 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

I just installed these today and am very happy. This is at the heels of much research and I love the wide contact patch. All performance specs aside, I think this is the perfect tire for the rear stock rims and they look amazing. I'll be installing these in 225 up front next month.

Click the image to open in full size.

I really want to lower the car 1"...now I need to do more reading lol.

fdesalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
THE STIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdesalvo View Post
I just installed these today and am very happy. This is at the heels of much research and I love the wide contact patch. All performance specs aside, I think this is the perfect tire for the rear stock rims and they look amazing. I'll be installing these in 225 up front next month.

I really want to lower the car 1"...now I need to do more reading lol.
Nice!! Glad to see you coming around again!

MY2000 #2249 MODS: APR carbon fiber spark plug cover, Megan Racing test pipe, Megan Racing drift spec catback exhaust, K&N drop-in filter, Tanabe NF210 springs, Rick's smoked side markers, OEM front lip, OEM rear lip spoiler, AP1 OEM wheels painted black w/chrome lip, Carbon fiber cooling plate
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
LIVFAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
Nice!! Glad to see you coming around again!
I get like that - If I'm really satisfied with something, I tend not to infatuate about it on forums lol. I've been on lot's of guitar forums lately hence my absence hehe.

Now I'm itching to lower the damn thing about an inch, but hate progressive rate springs. Looks like I'll be going for some Tanabe GF210s soon - or mabye a set of Pss9s, but I hate the idea of infinite adustability - I'd never sleep!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
THE STIG

Understood. I have Tanabe NF210's on mine. Not that bad.

MY2000 #2249 MODS: APR carbon fiber spark plug cover, Megan Racing test pipe, Megan Racing drift spec catback exhaust, K&N drop-in filter, Tanabe NF210 springs, Rick's smoked side markers, OEM front lip, OEM rear lip spoiler, AP1 OEM wheels painted black w/chrome lip, Carbon fiber cooling plate
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
LIVFAST

Nice - I loved them on my MR2. How do they compare to stock on the honda?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
THE STIG

Quote:
Nice - I loved them on my MR2. How do they compare to stock on the honda?
To tell you the truth I'm not sure. I bought the car with them on and never driven a stock S before. I have the stock springs but never felt the need to put them back on.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
LIVFAST

Roger that

Old 04-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Party Rock Crew

Man that shop was busy... tires look great. You work for the Acura dealer?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
LIVFAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrman View Post
Man that shop was busy... tires look great. You work for the Acura dealer?
Nah, I just have the license plate frame haha.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
LIVFAST

OK, I've logged about 500 miles on these and they are broken in. Initially, I thought I made a mistake with these because I felt like the back en was trying to steer the car on the highway - felt loose in the corners under normal driving conditions - sidewalls felt very, very soft.

Now that the tires have settled in, I couldn't be happier. The rear end just absolutely sticks with no hesitation or protest. Corners where my traction control would engage, causing me to lose exit speed are no longer tripping the sensors. I can apply full power while exiting these deeper twists.

Totally happy and willbe putting their 225s up front next month.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
THE STIG

Nice, thanks for the update!!

Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
LIVFAST

Bro no lie! I love these fat boys! Totally stoked that our rims can accommodate.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

more info on this tire

Hello,

I am thinking about buying this tire today for my stock 2002 S2000! Can you please tell me info on this tire! Like how noisey is the tire, how smooth riding it is, is it harsh stiff riding or soft, does it soak up the bumps or transmit every bump to you, How does it do in the rain wet, etc! I thinking about this tire or the Conti DW! My car is a DD to work everyday! Thanks for your help about this tire! Not many s2000 reviews yet on this tire!
drumfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
LIVFAST

Hey these don't feel much different from a ride quality standpoint, but they are very grippy wet or dry. They are quieter than the RE050, but they are still new. These may turn into demons, as well. They run wider per width than most tires, so that's something to keep in mind for the fronts. I'll likely choose 215s and def this model. Their 225s are about as wide as the stock 245s- contact patch that is.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #15 (permalink)

nosiey

How lound are the tires? So the ride quilty is good over bumps and everything? The main reason why I want them is because they are wider then stock! I have all season tires on it now and they suck! They came with all season tires. At times the rain can be bad here so good hydraplanning restance? I drive the car everyday so I need a good riding tire also that does not have a lot of noise if you know what I mean. I want a grippy tire that also has good ride quality!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
House of CR.

I would also look at the Hankook V12 evo tires. Grippier tire, quiet and excellent in the rain or dry and priced right now at Tire rack at 101/ea front and 107/ea rear with a $80 rebate. Especially for a DD car, hard to beat.

Car and Driver Review of the Hankook V12 Evo's.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...12-evo-page-10

named: Tachi, Katana, Wakizashi and Nodachi

2005 LBBP NSX

“Please take good care of your S2000, keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart. And share the quality and legacy of the S2000 with many friends so that the legend of the S2000 will continue for long” – Shigeru Uehara.

Last edited by Vanishing Point; 05-02-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
THE STIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
I would also look at the Hankook V12 evo tires. Grippier tire, quiet and excellent in the rain or dry and priced right now at Tire rack at 101/ea front and 107/ea rear with a $80 rebate. Especially for a DD car, hard to beat.

Car and Driver Review of the Hankook V12 Evo's.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...12-evo-page-10
Looking to get these as summer tires for my Scooby. Thanks for posting!

Old 05-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
LIVFAST

Hankook makes an excellent tire and I looked at these, as well, finding pos and neg reviews - just as any tire will likely garner over time. I was pushed over the line because of the tread width. 8.7" Hankook vs 10.2" BFG. I upsized my tires for the wider contact patch. The aesthetics are just the icing on the cake because this series of tire just kicks ***. My TCS! indicator hasn't illuminated going around corners since the swap out.

Last edited by fdesalvo; 05-02-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

How lound are the tires and how well do they soak up the bumps or do they trasmit the bumps to the driver? Have you driven them in a hard rain yet!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
LIVFAST

You're killing me, man. Read the following quote again, please. Common knowledge dictates wider tires are more prone to hydroplaning in standing water. That said, I doubt the additional width here will make much difference in this condition.

It's impossible for us to compare these to your current tires. I can only compare them to RE050s, which are the factory shoes. Compared to these, the BFGs offer better grip as far as I have pushed them. I do not drive recklessly in wet conditions, so any at the limit comparisons aren't going to come from my seat.

Will either of the suggested tires serve you better? You bet. The choice will come down to what matters most to you. Performance-wise, it's a wash for me, as I do not drive at the limit on public roads. Data suggests that these BFGs are awesome on the track. I can tell you in real world conditions, these tires are just phenomenal - enough for this discriminating consumer to swap in the same series for the fronts.

Quote:
Hey these don't feel much different from a ride quality standpoint, but they are very grippy wet or dry. They are quieter than the RE050, but they are still new. These may turn into demons, as well. They run wider per width than most tires, so that's something to keep in mind for the fronts. I'll likely choose 215s and def this model. Their 225s are about as wide as the stock 245s- contact patch that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumfish View Post
How lound are the tires and how well do they soak up the bumps or do they trasmit the bumps to the driver? Have you driven them in a hard rain yet!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #21 (permalink)

I kind of want those Hankook V12 evo's, those look nice!
PapaJohn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
House of CR.

Quote:
Hankook makes an excellent tire and I looked at these, as well, finding pos and neg reviews - just as any tire will likely garner over time. I was pushed over the line because of the tread width. 8.7" Hankook vs 10.2" BFG. I upsized my tires for the wider contact patch. The aesthetics are just the icing on the cake because this series of tire just kicks ***. My TCS! indicator hasn't illuminated going around corners since the swap out.
Bear in mind that 10.2 width is with a 9" wheel.

named: Tachi, Katana, Wakizashi and Nodachi

2005 LBBP NSX

“Please take good care of your S2000, keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart. And share the quality and legacy of the S2000 with many friends so that the legend of the S2000 will continue for long” – Shigeru Uehara.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
LIVFAST

That's only .6" larger on each side of the rim. Not enough to have a negative impact. These aren't super swampers lol. Looks great. Feels great. Uber stiff sidewalls that don't roll in turns. Better than stock RE050 from my seat. Always thought the purpose of going 255 was to have a wider contact patch. If you are concerned with the width, you might as well stick with 245, which is an excellent choice.

Last edited by fdesalvo; 05-03-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:49 AM
S2000
Honda S2000

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000, bf, bfg, bfgoodrich, comp, comp2, force, froce, g35driver, gforce, goodrich, quality, quiet, review, ride, s2000, sport